Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Free Shipping on orders of $25 or more at BarnesandNoble.com!
Latest topics
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Is Homosexuality Natural and/or Normal?

2 posters

Go down

Is Homosexuality Natural and/or Normal? Empty Is Homosexuality Natural and/or Normal?

Post  ugguru Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:10 pm

I do not hate Gays. Also, I served in the U.S.Navy from 1972-1975. However, I don't believe that they need to flaunt their sexual lifestyle openly; as I see no need to flaunt my straight sexual lifestyle openly.

When I am out with my Wife; I will hold her hand while walking ... but I will not be shoving my tongue down her throat, or grabbing her boobs or crotch while in public view. I travel a lot on business and see many gay couples being a bit too "eager" while around other people. Both Gay & Straight couples should show some common respect, dignity, and decency while out in public; especially if young children & the elderly are nearby.

My "Personal" belief is that Homosexuality (male & female) is unnatural and abnormal. Why? Well, if it were natural and normal; then, none of us would be posting commentary in this forum right now; nor would any debates be going on currently or throughout human history concerning this subject; as it would be moot!

Moreover, I look at this issue via another point of consideration.

Let's go back through human history to about 50,000 BC for example ... just bear with me on this. Just using the law of averaging, and if Homosexual behavior was normal and natural; then there could be only three types of couples: Male/Male, Female/Female, & Male/Female.

This would mean that only 1/3 of the humans during the last 52,000 years would be producing children. Being that infant mortality rates were extremely high until the advent of modern medicine (about the last 80+ years); that meant the females in the Male/Female couple had to give birth to many children just to insure that there were enough to survive to adulthood.

Now with that in mind; you must consider the Birth to Death ratio of the human race during that past 52,000 years ... IF ... only 1/3 of human couples produced children. It would seem to me that all of the Deaths of humans caused by: war, disease, famine, accidents, crime (murder/killing), natural predators, and natural catastrophes (volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, fire, floods, typhoons, tornadoes, etc.), would be far higher than those being born.

Also, artifical insemination was not viable until the 1950's; therefore, for the past 51,140 years, the Male/Male and Female/Female couples would not have been able to produce and nurse children unless the wide-spread use of "Surrogates" was in place. Now, if such a structure and practice was in place for the past 51,140 years; then the "family" structure, as we know it, would not exisit. How many children born during all those 1000's of years would have known the identities of their Mothers or Fathers. Today, due to medical reasons (DNA, genealogy, blood type, etc.); it is very important to be able to trace bloodlines.

So, basically, I believe that if Homosexuality WAS normal & natural; the world's population would have been a lot lower than it is today; as there would have been much fewer humans producing children during our history. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with religions/politics of any kind.

This is not supported by any study or evidence (as far as I'm aware); it is just my view point based upon supposition.

Alan
ugguru
ugguru

Back to top Go down

Is Homosexuality Natural and/or Normal? Empty Re: Is Homosexuality Natural and/or Normal?

Post  teacherpower Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:49 pm

I agree with you, Alan. I also believe that we are all born with a sin nature, whether is be a propensity to lie, steal, or anything sexual in nature. That is why we have a redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ who is ready to forgive us all, no matter what the sin is. We all need Him.

teacherpower

http://www.bannersbroker.com/teach

Back to top Go down

Is Homosexuality Natural and/or Normal? Empty Re: Is Homosexuality Natural and/or Normal?

Post  ugguru Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:22 pm

teacherpower,

Thanks for the kind comments. I have posted a similar writing on other comment/forum sites relative to homosexuality, and received mostly sarcastic, profane, and negative responses. Most wasted no time in labeling me as Homophobic. Now, if I stated in my comment/posting that "I hated gays" then that perception may be warranted.

Alan
ugguru
ugguru

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum